Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How a website developement company can use QTP to automate their testing work
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
Hi Ankur,
I am working as a QA Engineer in a website development company where the whole testing work is done manually.
The project in my company are always delivered in agile phase, which requires a huge an repetitive testing work, So I want to use QTP in my company for such work.

I have a basic understanding of QTP (record/run/automate) testing work in flight application associated with the QTP.

Can you suggest my the module that can be automate for testing in any website.

I mean to say that what are the generic areas of any website which should get automated for testing. for example if I am going to automate a site related to some property(real estate) selling/buying, which may include the user types like buyers/sellers(agent), functionality like uploading property, viewing property, buying property,
Integration of paypal (payment gateways) etc.

Please help me.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hey Yugal,

Ive worked as a QA on an agile project before and it can be difficult to automate as things change so rapidly. The key is to find the funtionality that is not changing so much. In the project i worked on the paypal transactions was perfect to automate...different data passing through the system each time but the same functionality was being touched. From what you've mentioned above, i wouldnt automate the viewing of property piece as this would be 'look and feel'...where im assuming objects are changes constantly (new buttons being added/changed, property images deleted / changed) , thus causing script maintenence for you. Its probably best practise to manually test this 'look and feel' functionality anyway. But definately try and automate the integration with paypal as i wouldnt think the developers would not be changes things rapidly here.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make QTP Script to work when system gets locked? ramkumarad 6 11,882 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Divv
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,595 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,625 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 1,995 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  QTP 11 and IE9 64bit on Win7&SP1 64bit, QTP does not recognize objects in website jpalos 4 8,545 08-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Last Post: vinod123