Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add a virtual object in Object repository ?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
hi..
What is this virtual object ? and is this possbile to add virtual object to Object repository ? Explain me with example or any script?
Thanks in Advance ..
HI..
I have read that we can write the script without define the object in the object repositry.? is this possible? is this descriptive programming ?
If yes that what are the advantage ?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi njnirmal ,

In general when objects are not identifed by QTP then we will go for virtual object concept. Where the objects will identified based on the coordinates and stored in the dat folder (not in Object Repository).
Please find the below snippet for Virtual Object (VO):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
Dialog("Login").Dialog("Flight Reservations").VirtualButton("button").Click
----------------------------------------------------------------
In the above snippet the "OK" is added as virtual object.

2nd Question:
Yes, we can write the scripts using DP. where the scripts execution time will reduce i.e. the performance of the script will be more. We can handle the almost all the object by defining number of properties and values.

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Object Error(Find Object Error) akhandesh 1 3,410 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: sindhus
  If Object name is completely changing then I am unable to recognize that object swapna.9n9 0 2,004 11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: swapna.9n9
  How to access webtables without adding into Object Repository ramkumarad 7 9,256 12-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
  Clicking on Window object to make it a javaedit object indranilgoswamimcb 0 2,059 11-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Last Post: indranilgoswamimcb
  which gives better performance qtp with Object repository or qtp without OR. qtpexpert 6 6,056 10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Parke