Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to check to see if a text field is available?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation 
Sorry in advance if i am not clear in what i am about to ask.

I have generated a script that logs in with three accounts (global sheet) and generates a price quote for shipping information.

I generated a script using a login that when entering the shipping information to generate a quote does NOT require an account #.

But the second and third logins require an account #. The script will obviously fail for that second and third iteration because the original script was generated without the account # field.

SO my question is: how to get the script to bypass the account # field for the second and third iteration while still entering the other information (such as origin zip, destination zip code, etc).

I know i would have to use if else then statement but if someone could explain to me or direct me in the right direction? I would really really appreciate it. And sorry again if i am not clear. Thank you
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
you will have to set a flag at the end of iteration 1. Lets say you set it to 1.

Code:
if blnflg = 0 then
' enter the account field value
end if

does it help?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  getting the value from the field learning 0 905 03-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: learning
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,534 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Text field with red cross when running script jrnicl3 0 1,828 03-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: jrnicl3
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,282 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  set property not typing full text in "webedit" field auto_tester 7 8,815 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Ankur