Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to config the data file path(xls)
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi all,

First pls see that attached file. I use the excel file as the data file. In every scripts, i have to set the Parameter "sDataFilePath = C:\QTPAutomation\CyBer\DataTables\English\data.xls".
Does anybody have any solutions that don't have to set this parameter in any scripts? That's mean only one step to config to all scripts use this data file.

Thanks,
linhke
Either you can use environment variable or you can define the path as a constant. And use that variable through out of all your actions. Further if you need to change the path then change only the value of environment variable or constant.
Could you show me the details of your solution?
Hi,

According to my solution you also have to define the path in each and every actions. But in future if you need to modify the path then you just change the path defined in the environment variable or constant and no need to change the path of each and every actions. Mean to say define once and later do only modification in the path.

For defining environment variable you have go to Settings>Environment>User defined
There you can load your external XML or you can specify the name and value of your variable.

For defining constant put the constant value in your function library and use it in your action.
linhke -
Did you try if the AOM has anything to offer ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
done.
Many thanks guin.anirban

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Save data from pdf file to a word doc Amar 0 2,400 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Amar
  VBScript Certification Path qapandit 0 2,815 09-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Last Post: qapandit
  Send Data from MSWord document 2 Excel File kisskasa 0 2,777 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Last Post: kisskasa
  Share xls file between many QTP scripts adam12 3 3,427 08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
Exclamation QTP result in .xls file....Need Help... souvikghosh_diatm 7 7,410 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Last Post: souvikghosh_diatm