Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to execute the two vb scripts Consecutively
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I have two vb scripts first.vbs and second.vbs i have scheduled first.vbs at 12.30am and second.vbs at 12.35am(both need the same browser and same pages)
With the above scheduled scenarios, i am able to execute the scripts correctly if first script execution time is less than 5 mintues

Some times because of network issues and Internet issues first script will take more than 5 minutes in such situations i am unable to execute the two scripts Consecutively

Now i have decided that after completion of first script execution then second script has to trigger so here i am not getting any idea with the mentioned scenario

So please let me know if we have any solution

Thanks in advance,
Venkat
There might be a few ways to handle this one.

My first thought would be to create a file test or something using FSO..

Something like.....Script 1
'start by deleting the file
fso = CreateObject("file.scripting")
fso.Delete("path\name")
'the rest of script 1
here......
'When complete write a file someplace
fso.open("path\name", ForAppend, True) 'True to create if missing
fso.writeline "Completed" 'doesn't really matter unless you want to poll for results
fso.close

Script 2
'Start by checking if script 1 is complete.
fso = CreateObject("file.scripting")
while found = false
on error resume next 'just incase FSO throws an error for doesn't exist
found = fso.Exist("path\name") 'same path\file as script 1
wait(60) 'Sleep for 1 min
loop
on error goto 0 'Reset error trapping
'continue with the rest of the script

This is not the exact code. I'm a little rusty on the FSO (File Scripting Object) capabilities, but I know it can check if a file exists. The loop in the second script will wait and continue to test for the file existence before continuing with the script. You could also use a database or even a registry key and poll the value before continuing, but I think the FSO will be easier especially with a non-monitored system script.

Hope this helps.
you can use 'Wscript' to call your vbs file
see the example below
Code:
Dim oShell
Set oShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
oShell.run "C:\test1.vbs", , True
oShell.run "C:\test2.vbs", , True
specifying waitonreturn argument for Run as true will enable the script to wait until your first vbs executes.

Thanks Saket,
Its working good
thanks alot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,046 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  How to execute a UFT script when computer is in locked state akilamurugesh 4 12,533 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: akilamurugesh
  Execute the QTp scripts when i lock my computer balreddy 4 21,498 10-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Last Post: sujoysen1
  How to execute batch file from command prompt using QTP sachindhote 2 18,114 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Last Post: sneha2409
  4GB RAM= number of QTP scripts can execute chaithanya84 1 2,487 07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth