Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the input value from .vbs file to QTP Script?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
I have a.Vbs file,here i am having input box

Code:
fav-env=inputbox("enter ur enviorn...")
if fav-env=A then
open link
elseif ....
open second link....

endif

I call this procedure in Qtp Script using the command
Call mainentra

Now I need this fav-env value for furthur functionality test.I want to keep this as for input parameter.How to store this value in to my QTp Script?
Any help?
Thank you,
Uma
Hi Uma,

Before you enter the env value (ie:fav-env) into the input box ,save it to a variable ('inp_Var').
We know only once your condition is true the link in if loop will open.Hence if the correct link is open then verify your inp_Var with the input source..may be datable or another variable value.

There is also another method of reading your .vbs file and verifying the fav-env value.In qtp we have code for read and write text file.Please go through qtp help.

if wrong please correct me.

Thanks,
Himateja.
Hi Uma,

The first thing that u need to do is to associate the .vbs file to QTP by navigationg to File->Settings->Resources. Here attach the .vbs file. Second point is that when u need some value(which is in ur .vbs file) to be used in ur script, u must return the value to the function... Chk the sample code below..

'----- function-----
Code:
Suppose ur function is
Function Open_Link()

fav_env=inputbox("enter ur enviorn...")
    if fav_env=A then
       open link
   elseif ....
      open second link....

endif
   'Return the value to the function
   Open_Link=fav_env
End Function
'Now to call this function is ur QTP script, u can use the below code

FunctionReturnValue=Open_Link() ' Here FunctionReturnValue will have the value which u have enterd in Input box.

Do let me know if it does not work.

Regards,
Ankesh
Thank you both of you,
I try and put the final result.
Uma
Ankesh,
It is working.
Thank you
Uma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to input Japanese Character through UFT Alaguraja 0 785 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Alaguraja
  How to get input from the user in QTP? shanthiK 10 18,054 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Sending json file request and validating response in soap UI tool using Groovy script smiley 0 3,651 07-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: smiley
  Extract and save a file from zip folder using VB Script karthicksri07 1 6,189 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  qtp script for updating values in xml file automation2012 3 11,260 11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lavanya N