Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to know whether pen drive has files or not
Not Solved
Please tell me these scripts.I tried a lot but I can't
1)Test Script to know whether pend rive has files or not?
2)If we copy a file (ex:song) into pen drive,how to check whether song is copied into pen drive using qtp script
Not Solved
Hello Dipashri,
You will have to substitute the drive of your external device instead of C:\ in the below code.

find_file will search for a particular filename with its extension and report if it is found or not found. This should solve Query 1.

For Query 2 you have to use the same function but probably tweak it a bit if necessary. I will leave that for you to explore Smile

Code:
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set oWrite = objFSO.CreateTextFile("SearchResult.txt", True)
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

find_file "FileName","FileExtension"

Count = 0
Function find_file(FileName, Extension)
   Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM CIM_DataFile WHERE Drive = 'C:' AND FileName='" & filename & "' AND Extension='" & extension & "'",,48)
   For Each objItem in colItems
      oWrite.WriteLine("Found " & objItem.name)
      Count = Count + 1
   Next

If Count = 0 Then
    oWrite.WriteLine("File Not Found")
  End If
End Function
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP 11 - CreateFolder fails to create folder in shared network drive from Windows 7 Pallavi 3 3,406 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  QTP Should open files(say txt files) it can be n number from a folder. Shiv Y 1 2,536 12-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mlkrqtp
  Using ALM parameters to drive QTP Brian.Osborne 0 4,957 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Brian.Osborne
  Selecting a file from the Local Drive prempujaripati 1 1,917 04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: basanth27