Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use Data Sheet in BPT component
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am working with BPT using QTP. I have created number of components and has used input and output parameter. I was hard coded the values in input parameters. But now I want to use data sheet. My requirement is I dont want to make the run time parameter and pass the data at Test Lab level. I want to use data sheet. I want to fill the data sheet with the input values and use them in my component as data.

Is there any ways or methods to do this?

Regards,
Rajashekar Gouda. H
Not Solved
yes you can use the datasheet in the component.

You can attach the Data Sheet to the BPT in which you are using the specific component. In the component you can use the attachments and after that all are common stuff.

Let us if you need to know how you can use attachments in Components
Not Solved
Hi Surya,

Thanks for the reply. Can I know where we need to attach data sheet in component. I dont see any tabs like attachement for component. One more thing is if we hv a test case that uses 20 components, do we need to attach 20 data sheets for one test cases? and if we want to change any data do we need to update all 20 data sheets?

Regards,
Raj

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  data sheet row count rushil 2 7,395 12-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: rushil
  Optimization of code in descriptive programming BPT framework. learnqtp123 0 2,610 06-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Last Post: learnqtp123
  How to save Runtime data value in an Excel sheet(specific column) SweetyChowdhury 2 7,510 11-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Anu123
  Storing data in excel sheet linhke 9 7,471 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Saket
  How to Read Multiple excel files and save data in single excel sheet upadhyay40 6 15,206 12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Saket