Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am getting inconsistent results for the same inputs
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am using QTP 9.5 against a Filenet application.

I am using a datadriven framework for this test set. I am running 5 iterations of the test with changes to the data being input for 4 screens. The data for the page that is generating the inconsistent results is not changing for each test run.
The test selects a role and an item from a weblist. There are a set number of records on each page and there is a page selection box that shows the total number of pages.
For each item in the weblist there is a label showing the number of records for that item.
I have written code that calculates the number of records returned and compares it with the number shown for the item in the weblist. This has been working successfully, meaning that the number of records returned matches the number listed for the item in the weblist.
Now that I am running multiple iterations, a random test run might intermittently show an error where the number of records returned doesn't match the number shown in the weblist. I am wondering why it works sometimes and not others. I am using a "sync" command after the page load to see if that helps but was wondering what you QTP experts have found was the problem when you get inconsistent results.

Thanks