Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying using mandatory property
Not Solved
Hi ,
I have an object in the my OR and i perform action on it by using the following code,
Code:
browser("Welcome to").Page("Welcome to_2").Frame("Frame").WebList("profile").Select("2")
. This works perfectly.
The above weblist has mandatory properties like html tag and name

However if I want to replace the Weblist name with its mandatory properties in the following format
Code:
browser("Welcome to").Page("Welcome to_2").Frame("Frame").WebList("name:= ccc1","html tag:= ttt1").Select("2")
There are multiple weblists in the page (namely ("name:= ccc1","name:= ccc2"),("name:= ccc3")," and I want to loop in these required objects and select item from the list
The above code throws an error , Why is this happening ,

The error is Cannot identify the object "[Weblist]" (of calss Weblist). Verify that the Objects Properties Match an object currently in the application.
Not Solved
see if you can use index property.
When there are multiple fields with identical properties, Index/Location property does the job.

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Yes Ordinal identifier will do the job. that is Index,location.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP is not identifying table with column names property but its identifing with index Anuradha B 1 2,832 02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Kirill
  how to check checkbox's readonly property if developer has not used this property blanchedsouza 0 4,493 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Last Post: blanchedsouza