Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi All,

I have been trying to install a flex plugin for QTP 11.0 trial version downloaded from the HP website.

I have tried to go thru some of the information on how to install the plugin. I ended up downloading a Flex plugin which had the following read me instructions:

README:

Short Description of the folder contents:

1.Install_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to install the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.
2.Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to uninstall the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.

3.AIR : This "AIR" Folder contains the following:
1. AIRPluginLogConfigFile.cfg: The configuration file which specifies the details of log enabling while automating the AIR application.
2. SocketPolicyFile.xml: The policy file.
3. TEAAirPluginQTP.dll: The Air plugin dll for QTP
4. TEAFlex_AIR.xml: The environment file for the flex controls in AIR application.

4.Flex : This "Flex" Folder contains the following:
1. TEAPluginIE.dll: The plug-in dll for the Internet Explorer.
2. TEAPluginQTP.dll: The Flex plug-in dll for the QTP.
3. TEAFlexCustom.xml: Sample file to specify the details of the custom component.
4. TEAFlex.xml: The environment file for the flex controls.

How to install QTP plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double Click on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat file and restart your machine.

How to unistall QTP Plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double click onthe Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat file.

What the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat does:

Double clicking on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat installs 2 add-ins
1.Flex:Enabling the Flex and Web add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of browser based Flex applications.
2.AIR:Enabling the AIR add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of desktop based AIR applications.

Upon following these steps, I was not able to see the flex add in option during start up. Am I missing something? Or is there an alternate way of including the flex plug in.

I have a web based dashboard that has been developed using Flex and wish to run a few automated tests on this dashboard.

Thanks in advance,
Mihir
I was able to see Flex/Air Addins after following the steps you have mentioned. May be u need to restart ur computer.

But still QTP was not able to identify anything on a Flash Application even with Flex addin selected..

Do let us know if u get any success.
Thanks for your reply Amit.

I have tried restarting the system too. Still no success.

Also tried this alternate to manually copy the 2 dll's(1. TEAPluginIE.dll: The plug-in dll for the Internet Explorer. 2. TEAPluginQTP.dll: The Flex plug-in dll for the QTP) into the Windows\system32 folder and restart the system again. Yet no success again.

Are we missing something? I am on windows 7. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Can someone help me on how to go ahead with this?

Thanks,
Mihir
Any one who could help me please?
Hi Mihirjm,

You may find the following useful, it would require a license.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/testing..._flex3.pdf

Thanks!
Amit
Hello All,
Any one successful in identifying the objects thru QTP with Flex addin version 4.5.0
Thanks
Sarada
Yes I have. But I had to use QTP 10. I contacted Adobe and their official position is 4.5 is supported on QTP 10. They see no reason it shouldn't work with 11.

That said, I recently got 4.6.(Buggy set of libraries by the way) but they do seem to work well with QTP 11.

Sorry for the late reply!!!

Rob.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing UFT ppbrett 2 2,531 04-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Naresh
  QTP 11 Flex 4.5 Unable to Identify Objects krishiyers 1 3,589 12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: vds.vipul
  QTP 10IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AFTER INSTALLING THE PATCH IN WINDOW 7 raka54 1 2,501 09-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Why do we need dot net framework as a pre-requisite for installing qtp? esatysh 1 4,399 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM
  Installing QTP on Mac Sushmi 2 12,736 08-23-2013, 12:44 PM