Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Pausing On One Object
Not Solved
My company has an in-house web application that I test.  When a user enters an account number and clicks the Search button, data is displayed on the page about the account. Our database has over 2 millions records and my boss noticed that two fields on this page are occasionally displaying values that are impossible if "field a" is something, "field b" has to be 1 of 3 items and it actually has a value that is not one of these 3 possible values. He had me write a script that does the following:

Opens a text file with all the account numbers (I actually broke these into twenty 100,000 accounts each files)
Enters the account number
Clicks Search
Reads values
Writes values to a pipe delimited file
Repeats for 100,000 iterations

I am running it in Fast Mode. It's very simple and it was working great and we were cruising through. 

Now, intermittently, it will be going along very well and it gets to reading the second object and it pauses for a long time.  A couple minutes or so and then goes on for awhile, fine and again pauses.  When it pauses, the data it writes just for that field is blank.  The other field is correct.

I wrote Print statements on every line in my code after it completed that line so I can see where the pause is.  It is always on the 2nd field.

All of my fields happen to be dropdown boxes.  They are grayed out but they have values selected.  I stop it when it is pauses and open the Object Repository and check that field and the "value" and "selected" are what they should be and are never blank.

I added "value" and "selection" to the Description Properties along with name and html tag that were already there.
I made Enable Smart Identification = False

It works perfectly most of the time, but lately it pauses like this on about every 8th iteration and saves nothing for this field only.  Other fields are fine.  It pauses for a couple minutes and then will proceed, but picks up a null for that field it paused on.

I can see by my Print outputs that this "field b" is the step it pauses on but I cannot figure out why. It is the same type as "field a" but it never pauses on "field a" nor does it leave "field a" value as null. The data populated in the field when it pauses is always different.  I thought maybe one particular value was causing the issue but that is not the case.  

I have tried in my code to get  GetROProperty("selection") and  GetROProperty("value") which are always the same value when I check them in the Object Repository.  It doesn't matter if I get "selection" or "value" the pause still happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions so I can get past this obstacle?

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experience or advise on fixing these intermittent Run Errors? mv8167 1 2,577 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Last Post: vishalu.vs