Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Explorer resizes with every iteration
Not Solved
Hi,
I just started to learn QTP and walked through the first tutorials and all the beginners stuff. So I made some tests with iterations in the demo application http://newtours.demoaut.com.
Whats very annoying is that the IE browser window changes its size with every iteration. That means, the window closes after finishing the first iteration. Then it opens again to walk through the second one, but the browser window gets smaller in height - smaller in height with every new iteration!
If I do not close the browser between the iterations, then the browser window all the time is resized after the complete test to a minimum of height. In fact, its just the captionbar, the menubar, the toolbar and the statusbar visible - no browser page at all. Continually I spend my time to resize the browser window, but the next time the bad effect recurred. What's the trick?
Thanks in advance, P.
Not Solved
You might be doing same when you are recording the application

GO to Tools-> Option-> Web-> Advanced Web Option

You can find setting over there Resize browser on run if resized during a recording session

Let me know if it help you
Not Solved
Now it works, browser's size stays the same over the test run!
(I can't remember whether or not I resized the browser during recording, but - of course - I never resized it so small that no content would be visible.)

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 854 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  UFT Tool runs more than one iteration always cthossain 2 3,336 02-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cthossain
  Scrambled characters in uft Solution Explorer Dwarak Calayampundi 0 1,433 05-25-2016, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Dwarak Calayampundi
  Function return value is not passed during the 3rd iteration premanand1979 0 2,028 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Last Post: premanand1979
  Internet Explorer has stopped working - UFT 12 and IE 11 rachana 1 7,429 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: vinod123