Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue using Oracle and Java add-in
Not Solved
Hello Ankur

As suggested in an earlier post, to resolve the problem in Oracle, I have installed Oracle 8.2 addn and then installed Java addin by which i could record the script and objects appropriately.

Following is a sample code generated by recording using only the Oracle add-in and uninstalling Java add-in:

Code:
JavaWindow("Engineering Change Orders").JavaEdit("ECO_DEPARTMENT_0").Set "DSM"
JavaWindow("Engineering Change Orders").JavaEdit("CHANGES_REASON_CODE_0").SetFocus
JavaWindow("Engineering Change Orders").JavaDialog("ECO Customizations").JavaList("XXAM_ENG_ECO_SPECIAL_ENG_SPECIAL_ME").Select "Assignments List"

But the same code while running is throwing an Unspecified error with error code : 2147467259

Only when I use javaedit( ...).object.settext "aaa" etc, then does the code execute. Why do you think this happens?And .object does not provide all the required methods required to be performed in the navigation like setfocus, activate.What can i substitute for these methods?

Another issue is that, My application navigates through a java portal and this Oracle application and hence I require both the Java add-in and the Oracle add-in to be active. But when the java addin is enabled the Oracle code does not execue at all throwing object not identified error.
Does the patch QTPORACLE82P6102 or EWT.xml installation solve this problem?

is there an inherent conflict in these add-ins , or can this be resolved?

The Oracle add-in read me file says supports Oracle Forms 6.0, but our application is 4.5 , Is there a problem because of that.

Please let me your comments!!

Thanks!
Not Solved
I have been having the same problem. I am running QTP 9.5 with Oracle & java addins. Recorded objects are not recognized in playback mode. Many of the controls (TAB controls, frames, buttons, etc.) in the window are not recognized so I have had to use low level recording. This is not really viable because the tests have to be run on a number of different machines and the low level recording makes the tests very brittle so that they have to be edited for each machine.

This is the 1st Oracle Forms app that I have tested. After using QTP to test web and window apps this has been a bit dissapointing and frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to record JAVA Swing application with JAVA add-in Mrudula Chinchanikar 0 794 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Mrudula Chinchanikar
  java objects not getting identified with java update 8 in uft 11.5 milukuraju 0 2,848 02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: milukuraju
  Choosing Add-ins in QTP When Oracle forms or other IDEs used in web based application QTPBeginer 0 2,482 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: QTPBeginer
  How to add a Third party Tool developed in Java to QTP mohamedziavudeen 0 2,682 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: mohamedziavudeen
  Issue QTP with Nasa WorldWind Java Applet lsansuin 0 1,807 03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Last Post: lsansuin