Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue when calling an external action
Hi All,

I'm facing an issue while calling an action from my main action.
My main script is having some 50-60 external actions called. Whenever I call a new action I'm not able to call that particular action. Instead of calling that action, QTP is calling some different action which is already added in that main acript.
This is happening in QTP 11.00, installed in Windows XP but working fine in QTP 11.00 installed in Windows 7 machines.

For example,
There is some 50 actions with name action1,action2,...action50. Whenever I'm trying to add an action action51, someother action is called. There is no pattern in this is error.

Please help me in this issue.

Regards,
Did you tried with some other name for the 51 action?
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hi Supputuri,

Thanks for the response.I didn't try that. I'l try and let you know.

Before that I just want to make you other things clear in this issue.

I had build the script in a machine and the actions got called correctly. But the same script when I was opening from a different machine with windows Xp as OS, I'm not able to see the desired action when picking the external actions called from the dropdown list. Instead it is showing the different action. That is even if the action51 is already called and working fine in a machine, when opening the same script in another machine it is showing action3 or action4 contents.

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assosciating OR with external actions nats 2 2,934 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: nats