Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues when clicking a Link
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,

I am facing two issues on QTP with my project

1. The basic project flow - create a order, save the order, search the order and click the searched order for edit. I am facing problem when clicking the order for edit, its basically a link(order number). The order number is dynamically generated one, so when i record it saves with a number, and when i run the new order number get mismatched with old order number. How to pass the new order number as a variable to the link.

2. Issues with changing password screen.

window1(Login Window)
Login:
Password:

Window2(Change password window)
Old Password:
New Password:
Confirm new password:

In this scenario i am facing issues with old password place. I sucessfully logged in, then changed the password and pass the new password for login page for relogin, but i couldn't pass the new password to old password place for changing again, boz it gets saved during the record, how to solve this issue.

Thanks
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi SS001,

first of all, please always try to put one query per thread.
for the answer to your issue#1, try regularizing your link object in OR, e.g. if your link is like 'order12' make it to 'order.*'. it should solve the issue. try seraching this forum, I am sure this has been discussed earlier.

for issue#2, Pass the login credentials through the datatable(parameterization).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not clicking on the flex button sudheerch 2 3,425 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: sudheerch
  Clicking command button in accesss form mark_cielos24@yahoo.com 1 3,171 05-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
Exclamation QTP not clicking on Child window button nistalaramesh 0 4,866 12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nistalaramesh
  Want to Automate clicking on Menu items Manan 6 5,093 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Manan
  Test unable to record this step: clicking the first row out of various search results hima 10 6,225 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Last Post: supputuri