Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LearnQuickTestPdf API
Not Solved
Hi Saket,

I would like to congratulate you for preparing an library for reading PDF files.

I got this information after searching over the internet for more than a day or so.

I get the following error "ActiveX component cannot create object: LearnQuickTest.ManipulatePDF" when i run the code "Set oPDF=createobject("LearnQuickTest.ManipulatePDF")".

I am not sure if there is something I am missing. I had followed all the steps given at the following link.

https://www.learnqtp.com/learnquicktestp...fs-in-qtp/

Thanks in advance.
Hi Saket and All,

I am sorry to post it again (if already posted, I am not able to see my post).

I had downloaded the Zip file and executed process mentioned at the following site.

https://www.learnqtp.com/learnquicktestp...fs-in-qtp/

Now when I try running a single line of code (Set oPDF=createobject("LearnQuickTest.ManipulatePDF")) in QTP but i get the following error message "ActiveX component cannot create object: LearnQuickTest.ManipulatePDF".

I requet you to let me know the procedure like any external files or libraries to be placed in the executing directory ..... etc.

Early answer is appreciable. Thanks for the understanding.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
do you see the .tlb file in the folder where you have extracted the API?

Not Solved
Hi Saket,

Thank you for the great job! You have created excellent method for working with PDF!

I'm facing the same problem - Activex component can't create object LearnQuickTest.ManipulatePDF
There is no .tlb file in folder also.
I have installed both Adove Reader and Adobe Pro, could it be the reason of failure?
Not Solved
I am also trying to download your API file, but I get the error message Corupted File
Not Solved
Saket - I have downloaded a zip file from http://itextpdf.com/download.php site, is this the same file which you had mentioned above.

If yes then what is the procedure to use it, it doesnt have install.vbs file.

Cannot attached it coz the size is 4.5 MB.
Not Solved
the dll does not close the results file when using the ComparePDF feature. Also I am getting invalid results from the comparison when the documents are exactly the same.
Not Solved
Hi Saket,

I tried to use your toolkit and it works perfectly. But I need a method to get the text content of a PDF word by word. When I use the method "oPDF.GetPdfText(path), I will get the whole content. Is there any possibility to get the content word by word by using your tool or is there any other way to get ist?

I also tried to use the SDK of Acrobat Adobe Pro X but it doesn't work for me. Maybe because of I don't know how to use the SDK.

Can you help or send me a good hint?

Greetings...
Not Solved
HI Saket

Thanks and applause for the good work, i tried downloading it from mediafire and even that .exe does not hold that .tbl file, can you upload the .tbl file and the entire setup in the forum itself, it would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Not Solved
Even I am facing the issue.
1. The text output file is not closed. It is empty even if there are differences in the PDF
2. Compare routine returns false even for Same file comparison
Not Solved
Yes, I am also facing same issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP API Best Practices wafflehunter 0 762 08-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Last Post: wafflehunter
  Attaching Data source to UFT API test kul20 1 1,847 07-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  API Testing framework using UFT 12.53 saumya 0 1,769 05-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Last Post: saumya
  Scripting API Server not enabled error Ansh123 4 10,634 12-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: xiaziya
  Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel - UFT API sriramb 0 3,323 06-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sriramb