Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need list of "objects" used in qtp by using "CreateObject"
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

Could some one please give me the list of objects we can use from qtp
ex :
Code:
Set QApp = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application") -> For Launching the QTP application.
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") -> For creating FSO object to work on Windows folders and files.

And the difference between CreateObject("<xyz>.Application") and CreateObject("Scripting.<xyz>")

Thanks
My first question will be, why do you need a list? any specific pupose?
It seems, you have not clearly understood the CreateObject function. you need to learn more about this, google on this or refer QTP help.

basically CreateObject function creates and reference to an automation object. Automation object is an object that is exposed to other applications using automation interfaces.
SO any application which is exposing its interfaces can be used as automation object and we can handle operations on it using Createobject

the syntax is CreateObject(Class) here a class would be Servername.typename
Servername would be the application providing the object and typename would be the type or the class to create object for.

In your question Application is a class for which we creating an object for QuickTest Application .
There could be number of automation server which can provide object and it would be very difficult to list out.

Hi Saket,

Thanks for the quick reply. In this Thread I asked for
--> All supported objects because:
1)I have been working with descriptive programming from past 3years and many times I will forget for Excel,notepad,IE.. objects and I feel if everything is in one place I can recall whenever I requried.
2)If some one new to QTP descriptive programming that time they can get the supported objects from this Thread.
So if we start with some of the objetcs we know the rest can be filled by other Members as well so all the list will be in the same thread.
--> Thanks for clarifying "Difference between Application and Scripting" I got some information from your reply and I am looking in to that if I get more information I will post in the same thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help about CreateObject stevol 23 41,123 04-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: swethareddy
  Objects are being recognized as "Windows for Menu item list (Browser-firefox, UFT 12) akhandesh 0 2,365 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
  QTP 11 is unable to recognize prime faces components ,for ex: List and radio butt pradeep singh 8 6,665 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  QTP recording web objects as windows objects Ansh123 6 5,413 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Ansh123
  create drop Down list or menu in qtp abansal 0 2,993 09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Last Post: abansal