Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to webservices testing in QTP
Not Solved
Hi,

I am new to webservices testing in QTP. I have basic understanding of how QTP works.

what i need is a sample script and explanation of how the script works. Just with one sample webservices script , how to send request and getting response.

I tried the webservices wizard and i tried the following url http://api.google.com/GoogleSearch.wsdl
got the following code.
Code:
' GoogleSearchService Web service object steps
doGetCachedPage = WebService("GoogleSearchService").doGetCachedPage("string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)")
WebService("GoogleSearchService").Check CheckPoint("doGetCachedPage")
Set doGoogleSearch = WebService("GoogleSearchService").doGoogleSearch("string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)",0,0,True,"string (Autogenerated)",True,"string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)")
WebService("GoogleSearchService").Check CheckPoint("doGoogleSearch")
doSpellingSuggestion = WebService("GoogleSearchService").doSpellingSuggestion("string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)")
WebService("GoogleSearchService").Check CheckPoint("doSpellingSuggestion")

When i try to run this script, qtp is returning an error as
The doGetCachedPage operation call failed.
The .NET Framework 2.0 WSE 3.0 toolkit returned the following error:
Soap error:

Line (2):
Code:
"doGetCachedPage = WebService("GoogleSearchService").doGetCachedPage("string (Autogenerated)","string (Autogenerated)")".

Can someone help please.

Regards,
Shwetha

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBServices Veera0383 0 1,631 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Veera0383
  impossible to pass a parameter of type 64 bytes in a webservices dosreis 0 2,016 06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Last Post: dosreis
Question XMLCHECKPOINTS (Testing Webservices) reenuu 4 3,152 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Last Post: reenuu
Question WebServices Testing reenuu 3 3,217 03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: reenuu