Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to do any work while executing the script
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi All,
I have a 5 text fields on my application and i need to enter some values in to these text fields because of multiple test data need to pass in to these fields , i have used some datatables and exported in to these fields and finally i dont have any issues while writing the script even it is giving the expected results
but while executing the script at some point of timei need to send the mail to some other guys using outlook that means two actions has been occuring one is executing the script i.e passing the data from data table to 5 text fields and second is drafting a mail

My observation:
lets take which is importing a value(Field_A) in text field 1 at the same time i might be typing a some words in out look as "Staus report"
Instead of sending "Field_A" to textfield1 which is passing "FSeu_A" to the text field1

Finally just to conclude this which is taking the value which i entered in outlook
Could you please how to avoid this kind of stuff

Thanks in advacne,
Venkat
Hi Venkat,
I would like to suggest you to do not use any other application(like your outlook to draft a mail) while your QTP is executing a script.
This always create a problem. whenever QTP will try to input some data on your application, the application will be activated, and whatver is sent through your keyboard will be enetered into your application not in outlook.
better use a dedicated machine (Test Machine) to run your scripts. or else if you really need to it on your machine only then it will be better to pause your script a while.

Thanks saket,
If you have a good enough machine, you can install Virtual PC (it's free on Microsoft's web site) and create a virtual Windows (any flavor) test machine. This is what I do. It works well, but like I said, you need a pretty good machine to do it. I am running a P4 Dual Core with 4 GB Memory and it still can get a very slow at times. Processor utilization is high during testing but at least I can use my local desktop for email and whatnot while testing and not distract from QTP.

This can also be useful for multi platform and user testing. I have a XP, 2000, Vista, and Win 7 virtual so i can test my applications on all active Windows versions. I can also run several virtuals 2 XP and 2 Vista to test for mult-user functionality. Fortuanlty I don't have to do the muti-user test often. It renders my desktop unsuable during testing.
Venkat -
I have always felt the best practice while beginning to execute the script is for the script to close all of the open items on the desktop and then open a fresh browser or application and then begin.

Morever, why arent you programatically handling sending of email through outlook ? This will help you not open outlook at all.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB Script access denied error when executing alm scripts in planned host Kumar Reshma 0 1,257 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Kumar Reshma
  QC Test not found error or not executing remote tests zaira_p 5 9,411 08-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: mitsuy
  Executing BPT from QC ALM 11 a.karamched 3 5,518 07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Last Post: jsknight1969
  Application Crashes while executing the script mahendra 2 3,823 01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Last Post: mahendra
  QTP errors executing business components jsknight1969 1 5,736 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Munnie