Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to uniquely identify the object.
Not Solved Question 
Hi All,

I'm working on automation of a java based client server application.
In this application there are 6 Tabs and there are two combo box (Java list objects) (i.e. one is for Region and other is for Client) on 4 tabs.
Using descriptive programming, I'm trying to identify the Region combo from one tab, but i'm getting message that there are multiple objects with the same properties so add more properties to uniquely identify the object.
For these Java Lists, I'm getting only tagname, attached text, toolkit class properties to uniquely identify the object but using these properties still its showing the same messag.
Can anyone help me in this regard.
Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin
Not Solved
Hi sachin,

Add some more properties in the Mandatory field in object identification like x,y,abs_x,abs_y etc., to uniquely identify the object and capture the tab object using the object repository add it.
Then the objects are updated in object Repository.
suppose if it is not working use index value in tab.
Eg:-like this Javalistobjects("index:=0")...........

kindly let me know if any query regarding this

Regards
Bala
Not Solved
Hi Bala,

I'm not using QTP's object repository.

Sachin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  not able to identify an webelement object Ninjukp 0 2,093 01-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Ninjukp
  Not Able to Identify Object during Recovery Scenario Phani 2 3,089 01-25-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox
  UFT 12.02 Compatibility for IE 11.0 : Fail to identify the defined Object Amruta_121 9 10,483 01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Can not identify this object. Please help. axn700 3 2,953 10-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to identify the object reference to the existing(already opened) Excel sheet yogeesh 1 9,765 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Last Post: krr