Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not holding the property value
Not Solved
Hi,
I am having issues with the QTP 11.0, when I do the object spy at that point it stored the object property value. But the issues are happening during running the script intermittently. I am using Java and Oracle Add-in.

For example:
VTextField455 is added in object repository through Object Spy and than in my script I used to check the value within that VTextField. Afterward I run my script and I got result passed. Afterward when I run my script again without making any changes QTP throws me error saying property as no value. So I checked that text box using object spy and it shows me a new field name VTextField999. Now this field as the right value and this keep happening again n again.
I tried using both Oracle and Java Add-in and same thing happen.

Please help!!!
Not Solved
if your problem is related to the change in property of the object the you can use the regular expression for the property in the object respository. Or choose a property which is not changing.

If it is some other issue then please provide more details.
Not Solved
Thanks for responding Viks. The object repository has the recollection of the filed name but it seems to forget all the values in the field. Then if I do object spy again, it should be a new field name and then it shows its properties. Does it make sense?
Not Solved
Thanks Viks to reply me.
Can you give me one example for regular expression? How can I use it for the property in the object repository? Please send me in detail.

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does native property with value [object] return? rupali0205 0 1,497 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rupali0205