Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Object not visible
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Ankur,

I am regular visitor of your blog, its helping me a lot in learing QTP.
Thanks for creating such a nice blog.

I recorded a small script on deleting an Employee record.
When I tried to delete, it throughs a message saying "Are you sure to delete this data?", then I clicked on OK button.
But while running the script its not performing action on OK button, I am getting Run Error as follows:
<<<
Run Error Object not visible
Line (140): "Browser("ABC.com").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer").WinButton("OK").Click".
>>>

I checked that Objects's physical description is correct.
Can you please help me in correcting this error.

Thanks,
Akhila
In "Browser("ABC.com")" include the visible property as mandatory property and then record the sequence.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Its working fine. Thanks Ankur
I have a doubt, actually I have not found visible property for the "Browser("ABC.com")", so in Object Repository for OK button I added visible property to object details window then marked it as mandatory property. Then script run was successful. Is it correct process?
Exactly, that's what I meant... good that you worked on your own and arrived at the solution.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

I have a similar issue and added Visible = True to Browser as well as on button. But still Its not clicking the ok button.

Where as when I give Browser("Browser_2").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").WinButton("OK").highlight it highlights the ok button but it does not click.

Please let me know what mistake I am doing.
Forgot to mention before. I get following error.

Cannot identify the object "OK" (of class WinButton). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (147): "Browser("Browser_2").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").WinButton("OK").Click".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.
Hi Ankur,

I think I have similar issue with "Object Not Found" using QTP but with Flex controls. What I did was to make the FlexApplication(ui.swf") visible = True in Object Repository but I am still getting "Object Not Visible" using FlexComboBox. One thing I noticed is that the add/remove button for the Mandatory Properties in Object Properties is disabled. Do you know what else I could be missing?

Code:
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexBox("index:27").FlexTextArea("component_password").SelectText 0,0
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexBox("index:27").FlexTextArea("component_password").Input "abc123"
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexBox("index:27").FlexButton("Login").Click
[b]Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexComboBox("quicklaunch").SelectText 0,0[/b]
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexComboBox("quicklaunch").Input "xyz123"
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexComboBox("quicklaunch").Type "ENTER"
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("ui.swf").FlexLinkBar("bannerLinks").Change "Logout"
Browser("FlexApp").Page("Page").Sync
Browser("FlexApp").CloseAllTabs
I am beginning to suspect that I am not able to Add/Remove the Mandatory Properties in Flex environtment could be due to the fact that I used Flex Builder 3 trail Version plug-in for QTP ?
Hi Peterlck,

It will take some time to load that object.. put some wait,it will solve your problem.
Will you be able to explain more because I don't think wait is a solution as every step has a different wait duration based on the control operation Smile

Anyone has a better solution?, I tried with WaitProperty on visible, enabled, editabled and still experience the same problem which seems weird to me. Even when the object is visible, I am not able to Input text into FlexTextArea occasionally.

Cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  get visible cell data values from webtable Satwik 1 4,245 07-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Run Result Viewer on Win 7 remote desktop not visible. abktm 2 3,157 09-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post: abktm
  QTP test result not visible yadavdesh 4 5,062 07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Last Post: yadavdesh
  Replay fails with pop up - Object is not visible laxmi_bezgam@yahoo.co.in 0 2,585 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Last Post: laxmi_bezgam@yahoo.co.in
  qtp is executing script on objects which are not visible on the screen kcm 1 3,360 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Saket