Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Object not visible" when running desktop link
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hey all,

Spent hours Googling this one...

I record the running of my app from the desktop link (either double click, or right-click -> Run, doesn't matter), and I get:

Code:
Window("Program Manager").WinListView("SysListView32").Activate "ACO"

When I run it, I get, 'Object not visible' on that line.

I have gone to Tools -> Object Identification -> Mandatory Properties and set Visible for Window and for WinListView.

I have re-recorded it multiple times.

I am new to QTP, so I may be doing something stupid...but I also made sure the object was in the Object repository, and seems to be associated w/it as far as I can tell.

Tried everything I can find on Google, they mostly talk about pop up windows having this problem.

I have the latest patches, at least according to Help-> HP Update. QTP 11.00 Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks for any help,

Mark
Hi,

If u want to run the application then instead of recording the double click on ur application shortcut just include the statement
Systemutil.run(path of exe your application)

Regards,
Sankalp
I hate to leave problems unresolved....but that's a good work-around, I'll take it, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deploy a desktop application to a physical server using Azure Pipelines? raivivan 0 925 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: raivivan
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,726 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: check if vertical and horizontal scrollbars are visible robertosalemi 0 2,254 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,281 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,524 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar