Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object properties changing - not found in OR
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I looked all over & can't find an answer or else I missed it.
I added an object (lets say a popup in IE) via recording to the OR. During the run most of the time QTP 9.2 finds the object in the OR. However, sometimes it can't. If I check the properties of the popup, the properties for the popup have changed for this one instance.

This is the script:

Code:
If browser("IEopen").dialog(Microsoft IE)".Winbutton("OK").Exist(1) Then
browser("IEopen").dialog(Microsoft IE)".WinButton("OK").click
end if
For those instances where the same popup properties have changed in the OR it will register as:
Code:
browser("IEopen_2").dialog("Microsoft IE").WinButton("OK")

Is there a way to tell the code to search the OR for another entry without having to stop the run and register another OR object?

I even tried this, but no luck:
Code:
browser("name:=IEopen*").dialog("name:=Microsoft IE*").WinButton("name:=OK*")

Thanks.
You can click on the option where no new instance of an object will be created and it will update in the same object tree.
just rename "IEopen_2" to "IEopen" and it should work.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying? I understand that the object can be moved to another location in the OR & rename it. Please clarify. Thanks.
Put each object in the same hierarchy and no different instance like IEopen_2 should be created.
This will resolve the issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 849 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  Page element keep changing chong67 4 4,271 11-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Paul Rammone
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,937 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,432 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,967 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123