Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repository
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I have scripts which keeps giving run errors saying the object' parent properties does not match with what is displayed in the application. Meanwhile, Im able to view all these properties in the object repository manager.can somebody help if there is a special way to go around this.
Make use of object spy and compare the recorded properties of that particular object with the one you get from spy.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur, Thanks for the reply. I do use the object spy to compare the properties and they are exactly the same, when I view it in the object repository,its also the same but running the script always give me an error for those objects.
You mean to say that properties as well as their values are matching on both the places? and still its giving the said error message, bit strange!
Can you let us know the exact error message you are getting? If possible paste the message here.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Yes Ankur, they exactly match in both places, im wondering if Im not doing something right. I have that particular item in almost all my scripts and they all give me the same error. I want to know if there is a special way to keep object properties in the repository.
I also have another issue with URL parameterization. I want to run my scripts in two different URLs,is there anyway I can put this in the script without using the data table?
NB Im not sure if the attachment is uploaded but if it doesnt,i ll load it again
Cannot identify the specified item of the wlw-select_key:{actionForm.bus object. Confirm that
The specified item is included in the object’s item collection.
My attachment is unable to be uploaded.
Hi Ankur,

I am trying to understand OR properties and way it recognize the objects.

Created one application with 2 buttons, both buttons are same position and same name and same class also.

When I read that objects both button properties Text, Native Class and Enabled are same.

So it has to recognize on the basis of ordinal identifier location.

Because I put both buttons are same location so ordinal identifier also same.

But when I click 'Highlight in application' it is showing correctly...

My query is on what basis it is recognizing the objects when both properties are same and ordinal identifier is same and smart identification is off.

Any idea? How and Why it is recongnizing correctly?
qtp must have to identify atleast one unique property in order to recognise the object uniquely.
the way QTP works is -it recognize all objects in the AUT, using the set of mandatory properties that it stores. If itis not able to recognize the objects using the set of mandatory properties it uses assistive properties. Incase the assistive properties are also not enough to uniquely identify an object QTP uses the ordinal identifiers ie -index, location and time of creation of the object. If all this fails QTP resorts to the smart identification mechanism.

For your scenario my question will be - how did you add the two objects which are at the same location in OR? I am asking this because QTP will identify the object the way it has learned the object.
makes sense?

Hi Saket,

I would like to share my point of view on your below comment.
"Incase the assistive properties are also not enough to uniquely identify an object QTP uses the ordinal identifiers ie -index, location and time of creation of the object. If all this fails QTP resorts to the smart identification mechanism."

As per your way: Mandatory&Assistive --> Ordinal Identifer --> Smart Identification.
In my perspective: Mandatory&Assistive --> Smart Identification --> Ordinal Identifier.
Since QuickTest records a value for ordinal identifier only as backup when it cannot create a unique description using all available mandatory and assistive properties.

Further, even if QuickTest records an ordinal identifier, it does not use it to identify the object during the run session, unless neither the recorded description(Mandatory/Assistive) nor the Smart Identification mechanism are able to single out the object in your application. If the other test object properties are sufficient to identify the object during a run session, the ordinal identifier is ignored.

@Ankur/Saket: Please correct me if I am wrong in the above context Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while adding Object to Object repository at run time SaranKumarV 3 8,395 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Last Post: dubeyvin
  Is there anyway that we can automate adding objects to Object Repository ArunaSiva 0 1,707 06-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: ArunaSiva
  Webservice request without object repository anthony1carr 1 2,653 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Staff
  How to measure memory utlization by Object repository? deeppat 2 2,946 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: deeppat
Exclamation Shared Object Repository, Object Recognition Slow falvi 6 5,094 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: falvi