Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all,
How do we share object repository in real time among group of testers, i mean how we generally use it.This was one of my interview question .... Thank you
A shared object repository is used by all the tests with which it is associated. So if there are multiple tests running at same time using the same repository then it is shared between these tests.
Only one tester can edit the repository at one time although other can open the repository in read-only mode.
I hope this answers your question.
Thank you so much,can you please explain in detail i mean if we change or update or delete any object which effects the other testers script execution how are we going to handle all such issues
If some one change or update an object in a shared object repository, then all the tests that are using this repository will use the updated version only. However this happens when the test is closed and opened again. On reopening of the test, the test descriptions used in the test will get updated automatically.
If some one deletes an object that is used by some other tester then that test is going to fail.

In real time, however, the shared repositories are handled by only a couple of people in a team and that too under strict configuration control
Thank you so much tarun

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove duplication in Shared object repository appu3 1 2,931 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Prakash
  SHARED OBJECT REPOSITORY IN REAL TIME sandya.qtp 1 3,399 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Saket
Toungue object repository prasad 5 5,773 05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: tarunpandey4@gmail.com
  memory size of object repository riteshnaidu 1 4,280 12-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Version Control Function Lib and Object Repository Madhukar 0 3,336 10-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Madhukar