Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects Identification.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

Iam trying to write a script using some descriptive vb script programming and most part is using the record feature in QTP.
My problem is when I recorded the test and ran it was working fine.
but next day when I tried to run the same script which was successful earlier getting failed with messages like the object not found.

"Cannot identify the specified item of the TabBar object. Confirm that the specified item is included in the object's item collection.

Line (4):
Code:
"JavaWindow("Client Information System").JavaInternalFrame("Client Demographics").JavaTab("TabBar").Select "Group B""

how to make the objects always unique and the test should be always successful. Could you please give me some information.

Thanks
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Karraaruna,

Check the properties of "TabBar" using ObjectSpy. Might be the html id and other properties used for identifying this object are generated dynamically. You will have to select unique properties for identification. If the properties are dynamic, then you will have to use Regular Expression.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,162 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  Smart Identification for Virtual Objects kp.naravi 2 3,174 06-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ankur