Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Error Resume Next
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Question 
Hi,

I am calling an external action in two different scripts.Both scripts are using their seprate datatables.

In the external action at one point I am using a variable which value is coming from datatable.( Specific to Script)

So I have to use two different statement to get the value. Now while executing any of these script one statement will be corrent & one will be wrong. So I have to use "On Error Resume Next".

Code:
On Error  Resume Next  
                     intCheckType=     DataTable.Value("pCheckType","rSelectDrug [epCSubREFREQ]")
                     intCheckType=     DataTable.Value("pCheckType","rSel1Drug [epCSubREFREQ]")

I want to use "On Error Resume Next" only for these 2 lines not more than that.....

Please let me know how to do that.
Sad
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Ankur ,

Shall we change the design of your scirpt. In your main script define two different variables lets say database 1 and database 2 and in your external action check for the status of these two values or may be you can set a flag for any of these variables and let your external action query the specific database based on the flag value defined in the script.
So for script 1 database1 value will be true and for script 2 database2 value will be true and your external action will query those specific databases. I am not sure how flexible it can be in future to maintain it but just think of this soln.

Regards,
Balaji
Hi Balaji,

Thanks for reply...but it also has the same problem.As I have already explained that there are 2 scripts using common External Component(action),and each script has its specific database (Excel Sheet).

Code:
intCheckType=     DataTable.Value("pCheckType","rSelectDrug [epCSubREFREQ]")
intCheckType=     DataTable.Value("pCheckType","rSel1Drug [epCSubREFREQ]")

And this "CheckType" value is genrated & stored in the data table in the previous external action called by main script.

So there is no option to handle these variables into the main script.
SadSad
To turn error handling back off use:

Code:
On Error GoTo 0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to raise an exception handling for an edit box without using On error resume next 1981.madhu@gmail.com 1 2,564 09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Last Post: basanth27