Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One common test for different website on different environment
Not Solved Question 
Hi there,

I just wanted to check whether we can have one common recorded test for a website and then use it for a similar website but with a different url.

If yes how can i change the url for that recorded test?

Thanx in advance
Not Solved
I guess that would be difficult because the website may be similar but the Object description/properties may change so QTP will not identify the objects in that website.

Probably we can use Keyword driven approach here but I guess that would be too advanced and time consuming to do that.

I suggest you to record the action for similar website and check if the object are the same in your OR. If they are same then you can use the same test but I doubt that
Not Solved
Hi,

Thanx for the reply..

I think I've found the solution.. When recording the test, I actually open up the IE as a window app and insert the URL manually.. I have managed to do that and use the recorded test for the other URLs by changing the navigate in keyword view.

But I still need to test on this..

Thanx again for the reply..~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to get the list of items in Delphi Combobox Environment Object Raj Aryan Singh 3 1,944 02-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Raj Aryan Singh
  how to get relative path by using testdir environment variable Sathyaprasad 1 1,772 11-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  environment variable path for qc automation2012 0 2,626 01-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Last Post: automation2012
  Select does not work together with Environment.Value qtped 7 3,786 02-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Array as an environment variable..... rachna_nags 7 12,712 11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: ssvali