Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with one page in application
Not Solved
Hi All,
I'm writing a reusable action for one webpage.All the objects are added in OR. This page contains substantial number of controls like WebEdits, WebLists, WebTables, WebCheckboxes, etc.
URL property of page is a regular expression. While design time QTP is highlighting the controls instantly, my problem is when I put this script for testing, QTP is taking a substantial time while doing any operation on any contrl. i.e if I Set some value to a WebEdit field it takes 8-10 seconds & if I use CheckProperty to verify value from this control again it's taking 8-10 seconds per control.
Due to the large number of controls on page, the page is taking around 20 minutes to set/read values in all fields.
Here are some ways that I tried out:
1: I made a record & play script for this page on my machine, again it took the same amount of time. When I tried record & play script for another page in same application, it was running normally. (Other pages which are having large number of controls are working fine at normal speed.)
2: I made a record & play script for this page on another machine, it was working @ regular speed.

I'm getting confused that, whether the problem is on that page or on my QTP settings, because the other scripts made on my mnachine with same QTP settings are working fine. The script made on other machine for this page is working fine on my machine, but only the combination of my machine's QTP & this page is not working properly.
I'm not using any special settings/functions/Recoveries for this page

What should be the reasons?
Not Solved
Manoj -

1. Do you have a Virus scanner on this machine ?
2. Is there any process surge which is taking up the RAM during the execution ?
3. Is there any other executable files called or executed during the execution ?

Have you tried,

1.Restart of the machine ? Just to ensure the automationagent is restarted
2. If you are QTP 9.2 and below, go to Program Files\Mercury Interactive\Quick Test Proffessional\bin\QuickTestproffessional.bat and execute the file.

Hope we will be able to see through it. Let me know how it works..
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Quote:1. Do you have a Virus scanner on this machine ?
I have a anti-virus on my machine, but I don't think that's the reason, as other scripts working fine under the same set of settings/configurations, which I have mentioned earlier.
Quote:2. Is there any process surge which is taking up the RAM during the execution ?
Script created on my machine for that particular page is taking time, but script created for same page on different machines are working perfectly @ normal speed on my machine.
Quote:3. Is there any other executable files called or executed during the execution ?
No
Quote:1.Restart of the machine ? Just to ensure the automationagent is restarted
Resterted machine & also trying to keep TEMP folder clean without any unnecessary files in it.
Quote:If you are QTP 9.2 and below, go to Program Files\Mercury Interactive\Quick Test Proffessional\bin\QuickTestproffessional.bat and execute the file.
I'm using QTP 10. Also I don't think it's any QTP settings issue problem, as other scripts created on my machine for other pages under same QTP/system settings/configurations are working fine.
Still it's of no use.
Not Solved
After an execution, go to results and check if you are able to find a 'valediction hat' (SI) . May be that is the cause. Let us know how it goes.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,
Result is not showing any SI. That's my main concern.
If QTP is not using SI, why it's taking so much time to identify every control?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,627 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  Facing a problem while identifying Angular JS objects in a web page vangasantosh 0 1,114 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: vangasantosh
Cool ntdll.dll crash problem with UFT 11.5 Application in Windows Server 08 gangadhar 1 4,464 06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Problem with Capturing objects(DropDown,Table) in SAP application SaranKumarV 2 5,038 09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Jyobtech
Exclamation problem while working on oracle application sunilg123 3 3,090 06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: basanth27