Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problen in handling the Poupup
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi All,
I am working on a Web Application.As per my application functionality, a popup sometimes appears on a particular page and some time not.To handle this, I tried with the below sample line of code..

1)
Code:
If Popup.ExistThen
Browser().Dialog().WinButton().Click
End if

2)
Code:
OptionalStep.Browser().Dialog().WinButton().Click

I tried with above both way but if popup appears on page then QTP click Popup within second and if Popup does not appear then QTP takes around 3-4 min to recognise that popup is not there and then procced to next step. I have already using Visible property of Dialog object as mandatory property.

Could you guys please suggest me how can avoid this waiting time if pop up is not appearing?

Thanks in advance
Devkant
Hi Devkanth ,

for web application default time out will be 60 sec ..
( File -> Settings --> web tab )
( if needed reduce this to 10 or 12 sec)

To avoid waiting time if pop up is not appeared ...

just give exist(n) instead exist in the code..

i mean to say exist(10) means , qtp will wait for an object to be recognised in 10 secs , if at all not recognized in the given then it will enter to else loop..thereby avoiding the remaining 50 secons.
Try using .exist(0.1)
I think it would be good if you use recovery scenario. Because you don't know when that Popup occur. And for synchronization you can reduce the time.
Hi

I have a scenerio when i click on a button in the web application it opens up in to a secondary window.In record mode in QTP when i click on the button it would say status loading desginer and stay there for ever. When i checked the same by clicking on the button normally without QTP recording it opens up rightaway. Iam unable to fix this issue why it does nt open and give the statsu laoding designer and stay there for ever while iam recording and works fine normally. Can you please help me why QTP is hindering it to load .

Thank you
Lakshmi

Attached Files
.doc   screen shot while recording and wihtout recording.doc (Size: 297 KB / Downloads: 70)
@ Lakshmivaddi - refrain yourself from posting your new query in between a thread and divert it.
always create a new thread for your query, reply in a thread if you have a proper answer for the original query.

Hi Lakshmivaddi ,
Please follow Posting Guide lines if you are new to this forum and post the query in appropriate thread ...

All the Best and Welcome to Learn QTP Forum..

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between error handling and exception handling venkatbatchu 6 25,701 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: smitapawar610