Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putty automation with QTP9.5 Issues
Not Solved
Hi,
I am trying to Automate an application with the back-end on solaris and forntend uses Putty. when I record it shows like a Window application and it doesn't (recognize)record any of the field ,it just records "type method,example
window("name").type"value" .
I have tried to use TE addin and configure the Putty screen to custom TE( as putty is not listed in built in TE's in QTP 9.5).
even after using TE addin the recorded statement look like
TEWindow("windowname").TeTextScreen("windowname").type""
basically both are recording same on the window.
my Goal is to enter data in window and need to validate what was entered on the screen .
i have tried gettext in TE window but it encountered " object doesn't support the method" error.

Is there any way which can i can capture the field values and validate.
(because one of process is to capture an account number it generates after transaction , it will be a input to get another data.)
Not Solved
Hi there,
Y dont you try getvisibletext property? and validate your input by simple string search?

With Regards,
Karthik
Not Solved
Hi Karthik,

I have tried ,but enocuntered a message can't find specified row and cols.

Right now I am using output value text check area treating as windows application and able to get some text. I don't Know is it the correct way.

anyways thanks for your response.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Reboots when Terminal emulator is configured for QTP 11 to automate putty mahesh 3 6,638 02-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Last Post: coolguy
Rolleyes QTP typing incorrect Text on PuTTY Window ShrikantBiradar3449 0 2,377 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ShrikantBiradar3449
  Migrating from QTP9.5 to QTP11 : OracleTable problem madsenfr 0 2,080 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: madsenfr
  QTP 10 issues jsknight1969 1 3,207 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: jsknight1969
Big Grin QTP & Putty aditi 1 6,417 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Last Post: basanth27