Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.1, Siebel Add-in and siebel 7.8
Not Solved
Hello,
In order to create automatic tests scripts, I use QTP 9.1, Siebel Add-in for Siebel 7.8. On the record mode, I have a problem of objects recognition on the following steps:
1) Login to Siebel --> OK [Objects recognized]
2) On the main page, open a window via a listbox and select an item from this lidtbox --> OK [Objects Siebel recognized and web objects also]
3) Click on the cancel button --> OK (window object recognized)
4) On the main page, open another window via a listbox and select an item --> PROBLEM (Siebel object recognized .. Web objects NOT !!)

Remark: Add-in Siebel activated on QTP tool but Web not because a conflict appears if both are activated at the same time.

Many thanks in your help if you already have had the same kind of problem.
Not Solved
Hi Pls check if that controle might hasve been developped using any other third party technology. Even if it recognises as web element also you can work with that. You can perform basic operations like click, type etc.

Thanks
VENKATA
Not Solved
Hello Venkata,
First of all, thanks for your reply.
After enabling and disabling some parameters on QTP, it seems that I found my problem. I just activated "Use Standard Windows mouse events" and associated sub-parameters on the "Tools/Options" for the advanced web options.
It seems that now actions are recognized on Record mode.
Not Solved
Hello Jean-Pascal...

Try this first, Invoke QTP then your application, do not record it.... generate test script after adding objects one by one to repository. like main page --> your actions, and next page --> your action. when ever the html page invokes then try to get the object properties by using object spy... if it provides correct properties like webbutton,webedit...etc., then add your desired objects to OR.
else
if you get all objects like webobject then you can't do anything b'coz it have some process to overcome this type of issues,

if you get problem after following this, reply I will give the process to overcome ur issue

thanks & regards
Baba Fakruddin.D
Not Solved
Hi
I installed QTP 10.0 trail version with Siebel Addins.
But somehow now i am able to use QTP10.0 even after the license expired.

But Siebel Addins is still not working.
Could you please help me out how to use Siebel Addins now

Thanks in Advance