Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP-9.2---Shared object repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all,

In Qtp 8.2 we r having object repository type in settings option.
Using this we can use either per action or shared OR.How to set this object repository type in Qtp 9.2.

Thanks & Regards,
Maya
You would have to create a Shared Object repository by using Object Repository Manager. And then you would have to link it to your action(s) by using Associate Repositories.
Greetings Niranjan.
I have a similar issue, where, after opening a script and associating my shared.tsr with the test (only one Action per test), after running the script, QTP throws runtime error The object "BrowserXXX" object was not found in the Object Repository. Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object." (The object DOES exist in the AUT, and the object IS in the OR (both local and Shared.) Also, please note that another object on the same page and browser (whose names are static...do not change at all), IS found and recognized by QTP 9.2. I also associated the Shared Repository to the test prior to running the script.
Thanks for any expertise provided.
Hi,
Are you able to access the object when trying to highlight in the application from Object repository manager.
Steve -
Please restrict yourself from posting the same query multiple times.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,854 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Updating Shared repository vinod_3466 3 4,235 06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,433 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,967 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,627 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard