Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.2 not returning Output value
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Everyone

I selected an object in my test. From the Insert menu in QTP ,I selected Output value>Standard Output value.
When I run my test there is no value outputted to the Data table.
Data table just displays the name of the output value I created above namely ttAuthuid_name_out. Any guesses why this should be happening? Any solutions?

Thanks
But what property value are you looking to export? Did you check in output value properties?
I wanted to export a string displayed on the Web app I am testing.
I chose Insert>Output value>text output value. Then I positioned the hand pointer on the text, I wanted displayed (Too many I's in my sentences - pardon me). Then I went thru the dialog boxes displayed,clicked OK and ran the test. I was expecting the text to get displayed to the Data table(Globalsheet) under the output object name whch got created when I had initailly selected the Insert>output value menu.
In the Test Results I see the correct text being picked up. Just don't see it exported to the data table.
Thanks for all your help.
The output value is viewable in Datatable only during runtime. You can look at it in the run-time datatable (In test results)
Thanks Niranjan. Yes I can see the output value in the Run time data table in Test Results. Was looking at the wrong place initially(Data table in Global sheet)
My output value consists of the format 1234 - Rajkumar. When i output this value to the datatable it saves only the "1234" part and just ignores the rest. I have no clue why this is happening? Do i need to do something?
Check the object you are taking for output. I think the text you are looking for is in different objects and so you are not getting the whole.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Output Values error Tasleem 3 3,718 10-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Tasleem786
  Way to take values from datasheet and output Fairbanks 3 2,891 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Output value oracle form QAVA 2 3,546 11-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Last Post: QAVA
  Output to DataTable bgold01 2 2,986 05-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bgold01
  Output Object Archens 1 2,513 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Archens