Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Navigation between multiple applications
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Andrew -
I know that you have got what you were looking for. An insight into your problem specify's the reason you need to know what is causing the issue.

1. Each browser is identified by its title. If you have multiple browsers and if you are working with the Object Repository then you will need to store the browser objects, so that each of them gets uniquely identified.
2. One of the methods exposed by Deepak is a concept called Descriptive programming where you would create a object on the fly and not use the stored property. An undocumented feature of a browser is the creation time. The first browser opens with a creation time of zero and the subsequent browsers opened will be 1, 2, 3, etc...

Whenever you would want to know more about a object spy on it and try to read the TO and RO properties which will throw more light about the object. This will help you to understand each part of the object better.

Hope this helps...
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth

Thank you for your reply. I am working through the handout which was on the net for QTP but i have one issue with it. The mercury website were i am meant to login doesn't work - no actual buttons on the screen

Can you help with any other tutorials?

Andy
Andrew -
Buddy, Please open a new thread for each new question you have. This is per forum Guidelines.

Since the solution for the current thread is obtained this thread will be closed now.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,601 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,631 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 1,998 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  QTP UFT supports Extjs and Treegrid Applications Lokanadham 0 2,450 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Lokanadham
  Import multiple values from excel into QTP Shaik Ahmed 2 3,254 03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Shaik Ahmed