Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Oracle and Java add-ins issue
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I am testing an application which was developed using Java and Oracle Forms.

- This is a web application. When you type URL, it opens a "java applet" which is main window, it has Oracle Forms Window as subwindow.
It has "User name", and "Password" and a button.

- First we installed Oracle Add-ins, added objects to repository.
Here is the object details
Code:
JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaInternalFrame("MAIN---MAIN_WINDOW").JavaEdit("VTextField").Set "sss"
    JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaInternalFrame("MAIN---MAIN_WINDOW").JavaEdit("VTextField").PressKey micReturn
    JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaInternalFrame("MAIN---MAIN_WINDOW").JavaEdit("VTextField_2").SetSecure "48bd9d9e31e3c03476c35796f1b8b6dcdd96753b"
    JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaInternalFrame("MAIN---MAIN_WINDOW").JavaEdit("VTextField_2").PressKey micReturn

But when we run the test getting run time errors.
Run Error Unspecified error
Line (62):
Code:
"JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaInternalFrame("MAIN---MAIN_WINDOW").JavaEdit("VTextField").Set "sss""

- We thought Java addins are required, so we installed Java Addins. UserName and Password objects added to repositry. Here is the object details.

Code:
JavaWindow("Oracle Developer Forms").JavaObject("GlassMouseGrabProvider$Proxy").SetTOPro

It looks like this is not correct?

- Do we need both java and ORacle add-ins? Is there any specific order to install add-ins

Please can you help me on this..This is a high priority issue for me..

Thanks
Navitha
HI Navitha

May be the development team used java applet to load oracle forms

u required both addins.

Vamshi
There is a certain patch that you need to ask from the HP support when you face problem of Java objects conflicting with Oracle add-in.You can raise a ticket at support , I am sure they can help you with this.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Navitha

No body is solving this issue . With the both add ins script is play back normally for the first time but for second time its behaving abnormally. QTP didnt recognising objects. Browser needs complete cleaning . For this i used browser clean up option in QTP . It is working but end of execution all open browsers are closing includuing QC.
I need to avoid QC closing.
can any body help in solve it?
After installation of QTP.
First install oracle Addin. and patches (if Any)
Second Install Java Addin and patches (if any)

Record the application as ORACLE Application.

You can see Oracleformwindow instead of JavaWindow
I tried also to run QTP against Oracle Forms (with Webstart). But QTP recognize JavaButton, not OracleButton.

Which version of QTP an Oracle Addin does i need?
Hi Rajasekhar,

Make sure that you have selected the "Ignore Quality Center" checkbo under "Tools -> Options -> Web".
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request Help | Usage of Oracle Add-In for Oracle SQL Developer Nasir Ahmed 3 3,301 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Facing issue with Java Table to press Enter Key from Keyboard Nasir Ahmed 0 4,389 05-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Nasir Ahmed
  Connection to oracle using JDBC and QTP dileep45 0 3,295 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Last Post: dileep45
  Connection string for oracle (Remote DB) in QTP rohit330 1 5,923 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Last Post: rohit330
  Identify Java List issue anshul.grg07 0 3,096 05-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Last Post: anshul.grg07