Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP-QC Connectivity Issue
Not Solved
Hi ,

I am working with QC 9.0 and QTP 10.0 . While trying to Open QTP on the remote machine i get the message "failed to update components from server .Also while running QTP scripts through QC on a remote machine it gives "Catastrophic Failure" , "System Call Failed ".
Any Suggestions Please .

Thanks & Regards,
Faisal
Not Solved
Hi,

One of the thing you can try is to check the QC server connectivity from the remote machine.
I doubt on the server connectivity to the remote machine because of which "Catastrophic Failure" occurs.
Not Solved
Hi ,

I have QTP 10.0 installed on my Remote machine from which i see "Quick Test add-in 10.0" & "Quality Center Connectivity 9.2" details . This is what I can check from remote machine .Also while opening QTP on remote machine it says "failed to update components from server" .Do you have any more suggestions to check QC Server Connectivity on remote machine .

Thanks,
Faisal
Hi ,

I have QTP 10.0 installed on my Remote machine from which i see "Quick Test add-in 10.0" & "Quality Center Connectivity 9.2" details . This is what I can check from remote machine .Also while opening QTP on remote machine it says "failed to update components from server" .Do you have any more suggestions to check QC Server Connectivity on remote machine .

Thanks,
Faisal
Not Solved
Hi,

Try following.

1. Look in qcsiteadmin db schema if the directory path to your projects are correct.
2. open a file called dbid.xml data in some project directory which is available in the QC server, if you have access and insert the DB connection string if it is updated.
3. Try restarting db server and QC server and QC services.
4. Look in the installation guide for the required permission and verify if its in place.
5. I guess some db had got updated. (only in the case if this used to work earlier)

Let us know if this helps.
Not Solved
Thanks for your Reply . I tried checking on this issue and i guess it is a network issue . Because our onsite team is able to log on the remote machines and able to log on using QC . But we are not able to do this . Any idea on this please .

Regards,
Faisal
Not Solved
I guess the best is to check with your network administrator.
Not Solved
Hi ,

Till now i have no solution . When I run my scripts through QC on a remote machine , it does not allow me .Sometimes my "Prepare Environment script & Login Script Passes " and sometimes it does not . It gives "System call Failed" & "Catastrophi Failure " messages .Please see the attached sheet.
Not Solved
there are no sheet attached, Please try attaching the sheet again.
Not Solved
I am not able to send attachement here even after adding attachment . Can you please guide .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Problem with connectivity between QTP and HP Quality Center mrmartin683 1 12,718 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Last Post: raaz4all