Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
QTP Replay Error
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
I am encountering a replay error when I run a QTP script from Quality Center 9.2.
I have QTP 11 installed in my local machine and QC loaded in a server.

The test runs fine but i am seeing Replay errors at the end of each run.
Can anyone let me know if they had faced this issue and the steps to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance.

-Sam
Replay error comes when there is some issue with your code/Objects. Debug the script and see.
Thanks a lot for your reply Ankesh!!
I am seeing this error only when i run the test from my local machine. When the same code is executed from the VM the replay error doesn't occur.

Regards,
Sam
Did you see why it is coming in the reporter log? Maybe there are some objects which are not being identified by QTP on your local machine. Run the script from QTP instead of QC and chk.

Regards,
Ankesh
I received this error as a result of having two monitors. If the application that was being tested was visible on the 'incorrect' monitor I would receive the random replay error. It would not cause the script to stop, only to result in failure. When SAP TAO logs were checked the script would show passed. Only in QTP could you see the replay error. I moved the application being tested to the other monitor and it began to pass again. Would love to figure out why this happens. Hope this helps someone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replay Start Error Bhuvana 0 820 01-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Bhuvana
  Help needed to replay the test QA Tester 4 3,805 10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Last Post: QA Tester
  Record and Replay doesn't work, why? xinlishang 3 3,224 03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Last Post: rdemers25
  more user using record and replay? xinlishang 0 1,853 02-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Last Post: xinlishang
  Problem: Replay QTP 9.5 script with Firefox 2 / 3 QADBA 4 5,213 07-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Last Post: desimunda