Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Run-time problem
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Pleaseeeeeeeeee help me. I have registered in this forum as it is very very useful. I have faced some real brutal problems installing QTP. I installed the trial version, it worked fine and then it expired and got a seat license key from one of my friends. It was working very fine. But I really dont know what happend but all of a sudden QTP says "QTP has stopped working: Look for a solution online or close the program"...
It was like that for a while and on the advice and research through forums I uninstalled it and re-installed it. Then my life became miserable for almost 48 hours. My windows applications happens to be VISTA. When I uninstalled QTP and installed QTP, it had completely stopped responding. The QTP blue color window opens and doesnt move ahead. After all the debugging, the problem was restore settings of the computer got deleted.
Then I some how got it fixed and it took me 24 hours to get my system into normalcy. Today morning I re-installed QTP afresh and jumped out of joy that the Record window opened. I started to work on it and all of a sudden again
this message window popped up:
"QTP stopped working": "Look online for a solution" "Close Program".....I was totally shatteredddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

I tried debugging and realised that the windows installer is the problem. Can anyone please give me a solution to this?????
Pleaseeee can anyone help me with a solution?
When you say seat license which you got from your friend, Is it what you refer to a crack or your organization purchased a seat license and you are using it ?

Secondly, Have you tried to contact HP support with your questions in the last 72 hours when you first got the issue and still after a uninstall and re-install it did not work ? If you did what did they say ?

Did you try the HP knowledgebase to see if similar issues were encountered during installation or usage ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
HP knowledge center did share some issues, but not useful to me or my problem. "Got if from my friend" means my organization has got the license.

I never contacted HP support because they have shared their guidelines of installation. Over and above I dont think they will have solution because the error which i get is with windows installer. So how do you think they can help me with that? Just for info I am asking..I am not sure though!
Hi,

A couple of suggestions.

1. Try 'repair windows'
2. Registry tuning.

Let us know if this helps.
Well I did try registry tuning. Doea windows repair mean system restore or something? If yes then I did use that and as I mentioned in the post the system restore was deleted when I uninstalled QTP. It took me 48 hours to fix that.

Now QTP application opens and I work on it for few minutes, then I get a window pop-up "QTP has stopped working: Look online for solution and close program".

"View the problem"
When I view the problem
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: start.exe
Problem Signature 02: 410.3.30.0
Problem Signature 03: 468e3a6b
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4536f11f
Problem Signature 07: 3318
Problem Signature 08: 15a
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
One query?

Are you the admin user of OS?
Well I am supposed to be the admin user...but my great VISTA doesnt recognize me that way..so I made some user account changes.
That is the reason...

"Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess" this error comes when there is something wrong with the user account.

I had the issue when a software required an admin role and I accessed the software in the user role mode.

try with the admin role and see if you encounter the same issue again.
Well VISTA isnt allowing me to change to Admin user...its asking me to contact the customer support..

Its just not recognizing me as a ADMIN when I am the ADMIN. Well atleast am I allowed to change it its not allowing me even for that.
Quickly...Saket wrote up several suggestions for working with VISTA. Would you search this forum and try out those ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loading QRS files at Run time dvkbabu 2 9,817 03-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: UrmilaSaha
  Missing Resources, Information Pane, Debug Viewer, Run time Data Table not visible Aurodeepta 3 6,754 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Aurodeepta
  Object Identification not working on Run Time Ajatshatru 2 3,095 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ajatshatru
  Error while adding Object to Object repository at run time SaranKumarV 3 8,395 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Last Post: dubeyvin
Rolleyes How can we run QTP on virtual machine at scheduled time through VB script. ritugoyal 13 21,802 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Last Post: vinod123