Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Script Execution Issue
Not Solved
I have a unique issue that I cannot find a solution to. Here is my basic environment for running the test scripts and the versions of QTP that I use.

QTP 10 - Not patched
Windows XP SP3 - Fully updated
Internet Explorer (testing all versions)
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - Not patched

The issue is:

When executing scripts that automate a web application in Internet Explorer, they run fast with freshly installed machines (meaning newly installed OS and related applications). However, over time, the script execution slows down considerably after running scripts over a few weeks, all day and all night. I am wondering what could cause the scripts to execute at a slower rate than they were executing in the beginning (fresh install). Is there a folder that needs to be cleaned out? Does QTP need to be uninstalled then reinstalled? I am at a loss as to what to do, because I do not want create a "fresh install" every time the script execution slows down considerably. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Joe
Not Solved
bump bump
Not Solved
Hi Joevcos,

Try to free resources in between. Clear the temp folder and IE cache. Also prefer restarting QTP.
Not Solved
Also Restart the Application Server.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues while uft script execution Mrutyanjayam 0 1,701 10-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Mrutyanjayam
  UFT taking different script execution timings while comparing 2 excel files. sudheer 0 2,209 06-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Last Post: sudheer
  QTP execution of script on completion of another ragunath 0 1,771 02-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: ragunath
  QTP 11, Win 7 - Issue while saving the Excel through the script.bu fine in XP sivasuman 0 2,176 11-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Last Post: sivasuman
  Need Script for the below scenario which will solve my actual issue RameshKrishnan 6 3,757 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ssvali