Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP and POP UP issues
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi ,

I am scripting with QTP 9.2 /QC 9.2 . My web site requires POP Up enabled as some windows are not recognized by QTP otherwise .

However I keep getting the Internet Security and Alert popup in the middle of the application. These windows are random so I really dont know when they will pop up . I wrote a recovery scenario for each of them .

Would anyone know if I should attach these recovery scenarios to each test in the test set ? I am using QC to run these tests so the test sets are created in QC . I have around a 100 tests so attaching two recovery scenarios to each test .. is that really a good solution ?

Thank You
Sonia
I am not sure if you should be doing that.

I am assuming that the POPUP you mention here are the security prompts that IE throws up, asking you if you want to continue or not.

These prompts can be turned off in IE security options, you could add a prerequisite to your scripts to reduce the security settings of IE, which then will turn off al prompts.

I know this is not a direct answer to your query, but I guess this gives you a new perspective.
Thank you for the reply. This may be a simple question but where exactly in IE security options can I turn off the pop ups . There are two that come Security Alert and Internet Explorer

Thanks
Sonia
Since I don't exacly know the prompt that you are getting, I'd suggest go to security tab and click on custom level, there you will find a number of settings with the opitons "Disable", "Enable", "Prompt" change the option to enable or disable based on your requirement.....hope this helps

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,337 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
Rolleyes QTP pop up window handling piyush8793 3 16,452 10-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Venkateswarluponna
  Performance Issues Using '.Exist' AndyBSG 2 3,182 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,703 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton
  select a date from pop-up calendar Dertjon 1 5,597 05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Ankur