Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP and Test Advantage
Not Solved
Hello Friends,

We have been automating .Net window application using QTP. but some of the objects are not getting identified by QTP because those are infragistics controls embedded in the application.

Infragistics company is providing Test Adavantage add-on with the collaboration from HP to automate .Net applications effectively.

I just wanted to know, if anybody involved in the QTP automation with Test Advantage. If yes, please do share some details.

Regards
Chary Chelloji
Not Solved
Hey Chary,
what kind of details you are looking for? you should be more specific to your question in the forums.
If you can put your query explaining your exact issue which you are facing, we are more than happy to help you here.

Not Solved
Thanks,

We are currently using QTP 10 version and Infragistics controls with Net Advantage TM 2005 Vol 3 CLR 2.0. I have contacted Infragistics people to know about automating applications with Infragistics controls.

They have replied that Test Advantage TM 2005 Vol 3 CLR 2.0 need to be used for automating using QTP. Here, I am not sure that this version is compatiblie with QTP 10. Still, trying to find out more details from various sources.

I just wanted to know if anybody has automated applications using above integrations successfully.

Chary Chelloji.
Not Solved
I primarily looking for below information,
a) Will Test Adavantage 2005 supports QTP 10 or not?

I have contacted Infragistics and other automation sources, but my efforts went unsuccessful.

If anybody has already implemented this, please share some details as
I am not the begining for this implementation.

Regards
Chary Chelloji
Not Solved
I have worked on Infragistics controls for close to 1.5 years. Yes, QTP 10.0 supports Test Advantage.

I see from your original post that you are not able to recognize infragistics objects. How does the .Net spy identify the object as ?

Make sure that Netadvantage(used by dev) and Testadvantage(used by qa) are of the same version. If there is a mismatch then it will not work.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Thanks for your information. Glad to hear that you have had experience
on this integration.

If I spy using .Net windows Forms spy, controls are getting recognised as SwfObject objects and actions are relying on x,y coordinates.

Agree, we should use Net Advantage compatibile Test Advantage for automation.

Regards
Chary Chelloji
Will this get resolved through .Net extensibility?

Regards
Chary Chelloji
[/quote]
Not Solved
This would mean your TestAdvantage installation has issues. Can you please clean uninstall Testadvantage and re-install it back.
using .Net Extensibility Inspite of having testadvantage would be Re-inventing the wheel.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
I took Test Advantage trail version from support team and installed it on my machines to know whether Test Advantage is recognising object or not.

I have installed it as per the instructions specified in this link,
http://community.infragistics.com/forums...spx#159446 link.

After successful installation of Test Advantage, I have opened QTP 10 and started recording steps on the Infragistics controls. but corresponding test steps are not getting recorded in the QTP.

Kindly let me know, if any thing needs to be done to solve this issue.

Note:
Before installing Test Advantage, QTP was able to record actions on the infragistics controls atleast using x,y coordinates.
Not Solved
Chary-
That is the suspense. I bet you wouldnt be able to record most of the objects of Infragistics inspite of TestAdvantage. Reason unexplained by both QTP & Infragistics.

However if you write the code by storing the object in the repository you will get the methods supplied by TestAdvantage...Thats what it does, supply custom built methods and not support recording.

For eg :
Code:
Browser().page().frame().swftoolbar().ClickToolbarTool ""

Clicktoolbartool is the custom built method by TestAdvantage.

Let me know the type of object you are trying to record and maybe i can help you out.[/code]
Basanth
Not Solved
Hi,
I have been given an application that was developed in Netadvantage to automate using QTP. My primary problem is objects like toolbars or buttons are identifies either as SwfObject or using its x,y co-ordinates. I would like to know whether the only solution for this problem is to install Testadvantage. Or is there any workaround for this? Could someone please help me.

Kind Regards,
Tinu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get the Parent Folder name in Test Plan for a Test from Test Lab using QTP godsown 0 5,939 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: godsown
  QTP- with Test Advantage rajeshvelur 2 3,831 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Last Post: chary.chelloji