Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP enters value but on button click it resets to blank or 0
Solved: 9 Years, 2 Months ago
Hello,

Can some please help me with the below query:

- My application is only about entering data and click on submit button to retrieve information against it. When I run my script it used to work earlier but with this latest release, all mys scripts are failing. I can see when running the script the value is entered but when the submit button is clicked the values are reset to blank or 0. I am not sure why it is behaving this way, as when I tried this manually the system worked without any issue.

I tried IE debugging tool (using F12) and I can see on click on the button the values are all changed to blank.

I tried getting the value for the entered fields using GetROProperty function and I can retrieve the entered value then but not sure what happens on submit button click.

I have also tried clicking outside and tabs to go to other fields but still no luck.

Can you please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance,
Anshika
Hello,

can anyone please help me with the above issue.

Thanks,
Anshika
Hey Anshika,

below are the possible solutions.
1) use the fireevents on the inputbox after entering the value
2) use the key borad (shell script)
3) If the input box is a listbox then try using the Mercury Key borad object to move up and down

Please let me know your outcome.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Thank you for your reply.

I talked to the HP Support directly and yes he suggested the same solution as the 3rd option. Although I am not happy with it as I now have to update all my scripts to use a shell script etc but at least we have got something working now.

I am happy to close this thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP resets values of certain fields, while running (Code attached) niveditachan 1 2,932 02-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: anshika.agarwal
  Blank pages occurring when running Google Chrome test in ALM 11 DDODGE 0 2,718 05-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Last Post: DDODGE
  Sendkeys method to click on browser forward button srinibarati 2 2,472 02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Last Post: srinibarati
  How to perform the "Double click" event on Java Addins i.e Java button venkatbatchu 2 7,618 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Last Post: venkatbatchu
  QTP unable to Recongize the blank(Value) in SAP Combobox tarakeshc 2 4,110 07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Last Post: tarakeshc