Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP fails while using Eclipse based application
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,
I'm trying to use QTP along with a product created by our company.
This is an Eclipse based Java product that allows designing, creating and editing of business rules. It provides a Dockable Windows Interface.It comprises of a few wizards (for ex: To create a project, to add java classes to a project etc.,). It has two types of child windows : Explorer Windows and Editing Windows
The tool captures all the steps but the test fails during the run when it encounters edit boxes or context menus etc., mostly when Editing Windows pop up.

Some of the snippets where the test fails:
Case 1:
Code:
Window("<Company_Application>").WinObject("Description :").Click 26,8
        Window("<Company_Application>").WinEditor("Description :").SetCaretPos 0,0
Case 2:
Code:
Window("<Company_Application>").Dialog("Create New Rule").WinEdit("Name of the Rule").Set "testRule"

Here "Name of the Rule" is actually the lable of the text box where we provide he name "testRule". Error message displays "Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application".

Can you please let me know if there are any plugins for eclipse based applications.
PS: I'm Recording the test with Windows Application option.
Thanks.
Regards,
Deepti
Hi Deepti,

I guess ur using "Low level Recording" to record the action which u performed on ur application.

Since the "Name of the Rule" dialog box is displaying once after u click on the name of the dialog box which is there under menu.

As I explained in topic “how to recognize menu options in dp in qtp” QTp is not is unable to recognize the dialog boxes which are listed its name in Menu.

The temporary solution for this is please use the “Analog Recording” of “Record Relative to the screen”.

I am sure that that it will work. Please let me know the result.

Regards
Raj
rhotur@gmail.com
Action on pop-ups will not be recorded unless its parent has "visible" property as "mandatory".

Try to include the "visible" property in mandatory field under the parent and then let us know the result.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Raj,
Thanks for the reply.
The method you suggested is working only for some scenarios.
For example it does not work in cases where an item is being selected from a drop down list. It is selecting the wrong item while running the test.
Please do let me know if there is any other setting that can record the test and run it more accurately.
Regards,
Deepti
Hi Ankur,
I'm sorry i did not quite follow as to how i'm supposed to set the property for the parent. Does this require and kind of scripting?
Please do help.
Thanks.
Regards,
Deepti.
PS: Am I supposed to use Java Addins for this Eclipse based Application that i have mentioned?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT Fails to Open Microsoft Word teekay99 0 643 10-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: teekay99
  Test fails as soon as IE browser opens Saavi 1 921 05-24-2018, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,050 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  UFT 12 unable to recognize the objects of a java based application (jre - 1.7.0_65) Sushant Dasgupta 2 8,953 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sushant Dasgupta
  Unable to identify objects for Python based application manu.sharma7 0 2,427 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: manu.sharma7