Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP hangs when opening test
Not Solved
Hi,

I have written a couple of navigation tests for a website, these tests have standard checkpoints in them, the tests used to open and run successfully(multiple machines).Now none of them want to open(QTP hangs/not responding)
Have tried opening test from local drive as well - same problem
All other tests work.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Bellow is product information:
Product name: QuickTest Professional

Product version: 9.2

Product ID: QTPRPID9.2/01

Product build: 2610

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer version: 7.0.5730.13

Quality Center connectivity: 9.2.0.5076

Add-in Information:

Name Version

ActiveX 9.2.0.0
Java 9.1.0.0 (Build 388)
Visual Basic 9.2.0.0
Web 9.2.0.0
Web Services 9.2.0.0

Patch Information:

Name Readme

QuickTest Professional 9.2 Patch QTP 00548 QuickTest Professional 9.2 Patch QTP 00548 Readme
Not Solved
1.Close QTP
2. Navigate to the path "\\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\Quick Test Proffessional\Bin, Execute the quicktestproffessional.bat and see if you still get the error.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth, thanks for quick reply.
Tried what you said, no luck.
The only difference between these tests and the others are the check points.
Any other ideas?
Not Solved
Have you done any upgrades ?
Are there any windows updates ? [ Actually it doesnt matter, just in case ]
open the test locally, place a breakpoint at the code just before the checkpoint, start the execution, debug and notice what changes you see at the point after the checkpoint ? look for behavioral changes from QTP or the application or any error message popping up.

Lets see how things move.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
No upgrades.
The test does not open locally, I can open the test under QC under the Test plan tab but as soon
as I try to open the test QTP hangs(Remote agent).
Tried this on 4 of our testing machines - same result
Any files I need to minipulate under qtp directory?
Not Solved
I bet you had already restarted the machine and tried once ??

One of the posts on "QTP others" has Saket commenting about removing certain files. Let me look for it and i will update this post in the next few seconds.
This was the Post from Saket -
Not sure but I found that this occurs when you update your system some problem occurs in your Application data.
when you will try this with other login on your system,, QTP should work properly.
I had the same problem earlier and found a workaround for the same.

go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\HP\QuickTest Professional
copy all xml files from there and paste at your user application data folder
C:\Documents and Settings\<Your user>\Application Data\HP\QuickTest Professional

I am still finding why this occurs, but I think this workaround will definitely work for you.
Thanks,
Basanth
Not Solved
Have had this problem for the last two days..
Don't have the xml files

go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\HP\QuickTest Professional
copy all xml files from there and paste at your user application data folder
C:\Documents and Settings\<Your user>\Application Data\HP\QuickTest Professional

Also looked under :
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data....

Have also been to HP Support to ask for suggestions.
I just find it strange that the other tests all open and work fine.
any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Not Solved
apart from the standard checkpoint what else is different from the other tests ?
If nothing works, In my "personal" opinion i suspect some of the files in the test corrupted. You can either copy the code and create new tests and see or perform a clean Uninstall and reinstall QTP.
Basanth
Not Solved
Besides the standard checkpoint, just the size of the tests.
the navigation tests are larger than the others due to all the check points(500+)
Use the same functions to click on buttons and edit fileds when needed in all tests.
Not Solved
Apologize Rich...i am out of ideas. Knock harder on HP's door. I hope they Provide you with a solution.

Good Luck Mate !!!
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,983 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP Stuck at Opening stage TurtleRock 4 3,427 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: mauler69
  Application hangs hiregoudar 0 1,666 02-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  QTP is not recording the first step of opening Flight reservation app srinanduri 2 2,966 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: srinanduri
  System hangs while spying an object in Windows 7 OS prithwiraj1990 0 1,936 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: prithwiraj1990