Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP identifies the Wrong Object while running?
Not Solved
Hi,

I have automated the 100 TCs using QTP 11, sometimes QTP does not identifies the correct object, it was clicked some other objects. But it happen sometime only, If the same TC executed again it is working fine. I have checked the object in object repository and highlighted, It was highlighted the correct object. I can't identify the problem. Could you please help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Not Solved
Please check the object again in OR. It might be using index property which inturn highlights some similar kind of object during runtime.

If Yes, remove the index from the object property list.

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Hi Earlier I had faced same problem with SAP GUI application,
I overcome this situation like this , First log out the application then execute the test cases then it will work fine .
If you not log out the application properly sometimes QTP does not identifies the correct object and clicked some other objects.
Not Solved
Even I have faced similar situation earlier while doing automation siebel application. For siebel application, we need to use special url to identify the siebel object( This url store some siebel object in to local System).
If we face issue with object identification, then we need to remove those object from browser and re run the test case again.
Please let us know the type of application you are using.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running QTP scripts without QC sowjanya 3 5,913 07-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  UFT 11.5 throwing unspecified error while running for Delphi object rakeshsahay 0 3,527 12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: rakeshsahay
  QTP does not stop running furqanmlk 2 3,665 08-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: GregHicks
  Text being added to wrong IE MichaelS 3 2,833 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Last Post: MichaelS
  Running QTP scripts through QC sunny rao 9 31,884 09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Last Post: 1981.madhu@gmail.com