Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP issue with Java Applicaton
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,

We are trying to automate a java application with QTP 9.2 and Java Add-in 9.1. I think there are swing objects in the application. Can these types of application be automated with QTP. We are facing issues while recognizing objects. Is there some kind of setting required or additional add-ins needed?

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi,
Please go through this link i am sure it is going to helpful.

https://www.learnqtp.com/points-to-take-...ava-addin/
Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through that link. Even after doing what has been said there, we are facing the issue. I will explain the issues in detail:
1. We are not able to fetch data and compare from a JavaTable.
2. The buttons (ex. OK button) are being recognized as checkboxes
3. Is it possible to somehow fetch text and store it in a variable from a JavaObject which is inside the JavaInternalFrame (Not by using checkpoints).

Thanks.
"Read Me" which comes with every add-in can always give you the details about support for particular apps. I suggest you should go through that. HP has done a great job with "Read Me" and have identified several problems and their workarounds.

Now your questions:

1) Can you be more detailed. How are you trying? And what is the problem/error message you are facing?
2) This seems to be an issue. You need to raise a ticket with HP support.
3) Yes, if you are able to get value using checkpoints, you can fetch it in variables also. Try using "GetROproperty" and value name.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your quick response. Some explanations below.

1. We have some JavaTables in our application. QTP recognizes those JavaTables, but when i try to fetch values from them using GetCellValue, I get a blank.But, when i spy the object, i get the correct number of rows and columns.
2. I shall raise a ticket for this. This is same as submitting a case right?
3. With GetROProperty, I do not get the correct text. Sad

Since there are 2 issues related to fetching text, could there be some kind of settings issue?

regards,
Vijay
1) you need to check the property where the required while is coming up. You can object spy for that.
2) Yes
3) same as 1
Hi Ankur,

I am sorry, but i didnt get this - "check the property where the required while is coming up"... Does it mean, check for the values of RO properties or TO properties? I have tried doing that as well while spying on the object. The "attached text" property does not have the text displayed in the table Sad
oh yes..that should be "check the property where the required value is coming up"

ok, try inserting a standard checkpoint on the webtable, in the dialog box of checkpoint you will find a table where values are given. Note the coordinates (row,column) for those values. Then use Getcellvalue(row,column). Put it inside a loop to fetch all the values.
Sure Ankur... I will try doing it this way and let you know the result...

Thanks...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to record JAVA Swing application with JAVA add-in Mrudula Chinchanikar 0 795 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Mrudula Chinchanikar
  java objects not getting identified with java update 8 in uft 11.5 milukuraju 0 2,848 02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: milukuraju
  Issue QTP with Nasa WorldWind Java Applet lsansuin 0 1,807 03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Last Post: lsansuin
  Issue QTP with Jogl (Java OpenGL) library lsansuin 0 2,056 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Last Post: lsansuin
  How to perform the "Double click" event on Java Addins i.e Java button venkatbatchu 2 7,620 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Last Post: venkatbatchu