Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP script to display the Test results in web page
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

Can anyone help me to write a QTP script to display the Test results in web page.

Thanks in advance
Ram
Hi Ram,
See the attached html file which contains smaple results . I am using this kind of report. You want the similar one?

Thanks
kishore

Attached Files
.html   Login Page_Automation Results_.html (Size: 1.96 KB / Downloads: 166)
Hi Kishore,

Could you please suggest the code for the way of displayinng results in web page, can u please suggest us with your code so that we will also implement this.

I am familiar with how to get the results in webpage that can be stored in "Log" folder which may not display the results in the format which you uploaded.

Thanks in Advance,

Venkat.Batchu
Right click on the webpage, view source should give you the code.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth,

I have not asked for the approach for viewing the source code.

I asked how to display the test results in the attached format(web)

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu
Buddy,
if you really looked at the source code you wouldnt have asked the question back.
What you see in the html report source code is actually what he has scripted in the script.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth,

Can u please explain how to make the test results in web format.(I mean to say like in the attached html file).

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu
Venkat,
It is very simple. What he is doing is nothing but filesystem edit and display.

1. Open a file with .html to write using filesystemobject.
2. Write the html content you want.
3. Save the file.

You will see that QTP has created a HTML page you wanted. Now the challenge is for you to know what html content you want to write. refer to w3schools if you want to know more about html syntax.
Basanth
Hi -
After reading this thread and viewing the source code for the table, which I really like by the way, I was wondering how this source code is embedded into a QTP statement in QTP or is the code in an external file that QTP calls after the test is finished.
Thanks
Bill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code to run all QTP scripts and see all results Pkapoor 11 16,885 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ravi
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,678 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,763 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind
  Calling a function in a Test Script from a function library anupam4j 3 5,907 06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Last Post: babu123
  To send the QTP Results to mail using Thunderbird Naresh 0 2,142 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Naresh